Stained Glass Technique
Click on any sample to learn more about the stamp sets used.
- Cut a sheet of acetate (window sheet) slightly larger than the piece of cardstock you wish to dye, and lay it on a bedding of paper towels.
- Using colors that blend well together, scribble randomly all over the acetate with the brush end of your water-based markers OR squeeze a few drops of re-inkers onto the acetate.
- Spritz water onto acetate with a spray bottle until the colors begin to spread out and intermingle.
- Press cardstock (we used glossy in the samples above, but matte offers a more absorbed look) onto the wet acetate and hold briefly.
- Peel up cardstock and set aside to dry. You may need to flatten it once it is dry.
- For the window sample (sample #2), we embossed images from Henna Art onto the dry cardstock in black.
- Re-use your acetate by rinsing after each use.